Friday, June 6, 2008

Eggology Recipe of the Day: Hard Boiled Egg White

Admittedly, I am addicted to Eggology egg whites (or I wouldn't be writing this, right?). One serving (1/2 cup) of Eggology On-The-Go quick microwave scrambles is 60 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 13 grams of protein. It's incredible. What else can I eat that has so much protein, hardly any calories and no fat? I love eggs too, but am now more aware of their nutritional content (in comparison: one large egg has 75 calories, about 5 grams of fat, 212 mg of cholesterol). My family loves eggs too and I send a hard boiled egg in my son's lunch everyday. I was finding, however, that he does not like (or eat) the egg yolk. It seems like a waste, until I found this tip on the Eggology recipe page - how to make a hard-boiled egg out of pure egg whites! It is so simple . . . Enjoy!

Hard Boiled Egg White

All You Need:


Instructions:

Pour EGGOLOGY egg whites into a zip-lock bag holding the top by the corner.

Fill until the bottom corner is the size of an egg. Do not zip the bag shut.

Place the corner of the bag that holds the egg whites into a coffee cup with the bag’s opening sticking above the cup opening.

Place the cup into the microwave and cook for 75 seconds.

Observe the egg-ball, and cook more if still watery. Allow to cool, and enjoy.
-------------------------------
Visit Eggology's site for more egg white cooking tips!

No comments: