Saturday, June 14, 2008

This is for all the "Hungry Girls" and Guys!

With summer (and swimsuit season) upon us, everywhere I turn I hear about some new "diet" du jour; for example, I've heard everything from restricting carbs, to cutting out fruit, to not eating anything "white", to drinking lemonade with cayenne pepper - what?! Who is coming up with these "diets"? I enjoy eating too much to cut anything out - and I like cayenne pepper and lemonade, but not together!

Yes, I want to watch my waistline, but I still want to enjoy the foods that I like! Replacing two meals with bowls of cereal just isn't going to cut it for me. And there's only so much poached chicken one can eat. In my researching to find waistline-friendly, yet tasty and delicious, recipes, I stumbled upon this book by Lisa Lillien "Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World".

This book offers amazing recipes and food tips for (as the title suggests) "eating in the real world". Take my word for it that it is an amazing book and will be your companion for a long time.

As a bonus, I just discovered that she's got a hungry girl website where you can subscribe to receive daily tips and tricks about food and dieting. This is the perfect accompaniment to the book - kind of like a little sundae after a scrumptious, guilt-free, dinner!

No comments: