Monday, June 15, 2009

The How-To's of Body Building, Along with the Why's!

Anytime you talk about body building, you will almost always hear "if you want this, you have to do that" but if you start inquiring a little deeper, you'll find that most people don't know the WHY of what they are telling you. I am super inquisitive by nature and I don't like people to tell me the should's without telling me the whys, so as I was investigating some of the tips that I heard floating around the gym today, I stumbled across a very interesting article on bodybuilding.com that talks about the Top 10 Secrets to Amplify Your Fat Loss Potential.

I really liked the article because it gave you not only WHAT you should do, but WHY you should do it. In an egg shell, these are the top 10 Secrets they discuss:

  1. Consume 5 to 6 meals a day
  2. Consume protein rich food sources at each meal to boost your metabolism
  3. Eat carbs with a low glycemic index
  4. Limit the consumption of fructose-rich foods to the morning
  5. Perform high intensity weight training to lose fat
  6. Perform aerobics in the morning on an empty stomach
  7. Take a powerful fat burner before your aerobic session
  8. Drink plenty of water during the day to boost your metabolism
  9. Supplement your diet with calcium
  10. Get a good and restful nights sleep to trim down
Speaking of sleep, I'm going to do my part to "trim down" and sign off for the night! The article is worth reading through, as it offers some really interesting insight and science behind the tips, along with some cool tools to track your progress!

No comments: