Monday, August 25, 2008

Is There Such a Thing as Eggcellent Diet Foods?

I'm not really into dieting, I actually dread the thought! BUT, I do like to eat healthy foods and keep myself in shape, especially as I am getting (just a little bit) older. It seems there is constantly a new product on the market that likes to claim it is THE best diet food, or low carb, low fat, low sugar alternative. I can't keep up with all of the new stuff. A friend and I were discussing this very issue when he pointed me to a great site that does all the work for you. Iateapie.net reviews foods that are advertised as "diet" friendly. They provide a non-biased look at products with taste tests and ratings as well as provide a forum for discussions on the latest craze!

One of the other things that gets confusing is reading all the labels -"how healthy is it?" is a question I am always asking my self, with skepticism. Tanya Taylor, the brains behind the site, has a PhD in Food Science and Nutrition and currently works as a Food Chemist for a food ingredients company. Who better to help me read the labels than a PhD in Food!

With a busy life and too many new products to count, it's a great way to learn something and save time! You can go through their archive by ratings, so you can see the products that got the highest ratings and skip the ones that didn't. They even provide a list of coupons for some of their favorite foods.

It's definitely worth checking out this site before you go to the grocery store!

No comments: